For best prices book direct here!
4 – Guest Bedrooms and Shared Facilities
Doorway opening and closing
- All doors are manually opened and hinged.
- The outer front door has a very gentle closing action, through use of rising butt hinges.
- The inner front door, guest bedrooms and all internal fire doors now all have tension door closers to comply with fire regulations.
- Both the inner front door, the ‘Easy Access’ room door and the ‘Family Accessible’ room doors have a ‘Dorgard’ door stop fitted, as does the fire door in the upstairs corridor.
- If the smoke alarm activates, the ‘Dorgard’ releases the door, allowing it to close.
Additional keys are available, as is a key holder available to help overcome dexterity issues.
Guests have a key to their bedroom that also unlock the front door and the French doors from the lounge / breakfast room to the rear garden. Room numbers are etched into the key tags, as is the B&B emergency contact number.
Room / front door keys are retained by guests during the length of their stay thereby enabling them to have access at all times to shared facilities.
A no smoking policy is enforced. Any guest found smoking will be asked to leave immediately, with no refund and an additional £200 charge levied to clean the room and all linen.
4a – Bedrooms
Guests are encouraged to vacate their bedroom during the central part of the day to enable room servicing, cleaning and any maintenance work
Detailed additional information about our Room 1 – ‘Easy Access’, Room 3 -‘Family Accessible’ and Room 6 -‘Allergy Friendly’ bedrooms is provided.
Standard equipment in bedrooms:
- Temperature controllable radiator thermostats
- Freeview digital TV with DVD player
- Iron and ironing board
- Small personal security safe with push button code entry
- Kettle and hot drink facilities
- Bedside radio alarm clock
- Wardrobe coat hangers
- Towelling robes
- Full length and table top mirrors
- Desk lamps and bedside wall lights
- Luggage stand
No bedroom telephones provided but mobile phone reception appears good throughout the guest house for all mobile networks.
Standard Equipment in En-suite Shower Rooms
- Showers, wash basins, toilets, mirrors and shaver points
- Wall mounted dispensers for shower gel, shampoo, hair conditioner, hand soap and hand/ body lotion as well as sanitary bags.
An additional guest bathroom, with just a bath, is available on the first floor.
4b – Shared Facilities
Guest Lounge / Breakfast Room
- French doors overlook the rear garden
- Room has three large dining tables and chairs, lounge seating, book-shelves, toy / play area for children, a radio and guest desktop PC
- Breakfast is served in this room and the tables and seating arranged to suit staying guests and any staggered breakfast times
- Wheelchair users are invited to indicate which location that best suits their access requirements
- Guest fridge and guest microwave are located on an 89cm high sideboard in one corner of the room to enable guests to be self sufficient if they prefer for evening meals, etc. Crockery and cutlery are provided alongside this area.
- A buffet table is located in a different corner of the room with a shelf above holding all the breakfast cereals. This table is used as the display space for a chiller tray for yoghurts and fruit at breakfast service times.
A small fridge is in the breakfast room.
A microwave is in the breakfast room.
Ground Floor Cloakroom
Cloakroom with toilet and hand basin to the left of Room 1
Staying guests have access to some 450 paperbacks and 250 Readers Digest bound volumes of condensed novels. The bookshelves are in the lounge.
Guest Trouser Press
A 30 minute heated trouser press is in the lounge.
Situated 1 km south along the Oxford Road leading into the Abingdon Town Centre. It offers self service, ‘Service Wash’, dry cleaning and a ‘collect and return’ laundry service.
Proprietor: Mrs Terry Boswell
Abbey Guest House,
136 Oxford Road,
Tel/Ansaphone: +44(0)1235 537020
Mobile: +44(0)7976 627252