For best prices book here!
Accommodation at the Abbey Guest House, Abingdon-on-Thames
Guest rooms are situated on two floors. This page details their location, number of beds and the facilities in all rooms or that can be requested, including a range of aids. Room photographs and equivalent descriptive text are included. From October 2014 the installation of a lift ensures that all guests can access the upstairs.
- The ground floor has the Easy Access Bedroom Room 1 with full en-suite wet room; entrance hallway with some visitor information and transport timetables; the Lounge / Breakfast Room which has more visitor information and sample menus from local restaurants and pubs; and a visitor cloakroom with toilet and wash hand basin.
- The first floor has 6 bedrooms, numbered 2 to 7, each with en-suite shower or wet room, This includes Allergy Friendly Room 6; Family and Wheelchair Accessible Room 3 with en-suite wet room; and a separate guest bathroom containing just a bath.
- The beds and any extra cots that each bedroom can accommodate are detailed below and summarised in a table on the Bookings page.
- Plans showing the relative position of first floor rooms and detailed layout of ground floor are included on the Accessibility page.
Facilities common to all guest bedrooms: –
- Comprehensive Guest Information Folder including summary and detailed Access Statement
- Radiator thermostats for guests to control the room temperature
- Freeview TV & DVD Player combination – wall mounted
- Iron and small ironing board
- Small personal security safe
- Kettle and hot drink facilities
- Bedside radio alarm clock
- Coat hangers in wardrobe
- Full length and table top mirrors
- Comfortable armchair or settee (which can be removed to increase floor space by request)
- Birch coloured Desk and high back chair
- Birch coloured Bedside cabinets – except Room 4 which has a desk/dressing table and drawers
- Desk lamps and bedside lights
- Gold coloured fitted carpeting in bedroom 7, Burnt Red coloured fitted carpeting in bedrooms 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Easy clean wooden flooring in Allergy Friendly Room 6
- Folding Luggage stand in chrome and black
- Towelling robe/s
- FREE Wi-Fi access
- Reception for all major UK mobile (cellular) phone networks.
Facilities that can be requested: –
- Trouser Press
- Bed safety rail. Guests are asked to bring their own ‘bed side bumpers’ if they require them.
- Full range of aids such as Deafgard alarms, camera magnifier and hearing induction loops that link to the bedroom TV & DVD combination.
- Baby Travel cot (supplied with a clean base sheet, baby pillow and duvet)
- Baby High chair, bibs, beakers and plastic feeding utensils.
- Use of the guest microwave to heat milk, etc.
- Shower Wheelchair for Easy Access Room 1 and/or Room 3
- Mobile Hoist can be hired from our local Abingdon based supplier.
One Single 3′ bed and one ‘electrically adjustable’ Single 3’ bed and full en-suite wet room.
A cot can be added.
This room is easily re-arranged e.g. re/move armchair or bedside cabinets – to enhance personal access for guest/s using a wheelchair or hoist. Please just ask. See Accessibility.
Room 2 – First Floor
Three Single 3’ Beds and en-suite shower-room
Room 3 – First Floor
One King Size 5′ Double Bed, One Set of 3′ Bunk Beds, One ‘electrically adjustable’ Single 3’ Bed, a 2’ 6” Bed-Settee and en-suite wet room
There is plenty of space to add a cot if required.
Room 4 – First Floor
Superior 4’ 6” Single bed and en-suite shower room.
Room 5 – First Floor
King Size 5’ Double bed and en-suite shower room.
A cot can be placed at the foot of the bed.
King Size 5’ Double bed and en-suite shower room
The room features hardwood floor and washable furnishings throughout.
A cot can be added by removing the desk.
Room 7 – First Floor
Single 3’ bed, with en-suite shower room.
‘LARGE’ Guest Breakfast Room with separate Guest Lounge – Ground Floor
There is a separate guest lounge area with a library of hardback novels and paperbacks. Within the separate dining area there is also a self contained area housing a small fridge and microwave that is freely available for guest use. This room also contains a Computer Station for guest use; with FREE internet access and pre-loaded software including: Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox browsers, Skype, Microsoft Office and OpenOffice.
When Abbey Guest House was converted from a family house, as part of the environmental concerns all the bedrooms were fitted with en-suite showers to save water. There is however a separate bathroom containing just a bath for guests that prefer to use this facility.
Many rooms have sufficient space that a cot can be put in place to enable a child to be accommodated in the same room. However, this will reduce some of the floor space in the room and may involve removal of the desk.
Facilities for babies include a travel cot (supplied with a clean base sheet, baby pillow and duvet), as well as a high chair, bibs, beakers and plastic feeding utensils. Guests also have use of a microwave to heat milk, etc.
A bed rail is available upon request, but guests are asked to bring their own ‘bed side bumpers’ if they require them.
Proprietor: Mrs Terry Boswell
Abbey Guest House,
136 Oxford Road,
Tel/Ansaphone: +44(0)1235 537020
Mobile: +44(0)7976 627252